Where to begin....Sure you all have heard that before. My mom is giving me an old but still functional honda accord with 140,000 miles on it. I believe it is 1996. Of course my dream is to own a beautiful new Tesla but that will have wait until I hit the power ball.
On to my wickets...
1. I have a degree in Electromechanical Engineering and am mediocre at auto mechanics. I am good at not quitting though. I will make sure I do it right even if it takes a while and a few tries.
2. I want to get 40-50 miles range, just get to and from work.
3. No crazy spin outs. Just max speed of 45-55.
4. Hmmmm..... Probably no more than $5,000.
5. No parts considered. I won't get the car until Sept so I am open to all ideas and insight. I am not sure whether to go with a used forklift motor or a new one from one of these motor sites.
That's it in a nutshell. I actually look forward to everyone's input and can't wait to get this project started.