DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I hope that it's appropriate to ask this question here - mods please let know if it should be in another sub-forum or not here at all.

I have a bunch of EV parts that I acquired from a prototype EV that was being dismantled last year. I had hoped to use some/most of it in my own project, but I just can't make the components I have work for the project I want to do. As we're in the middle of renovating our house I can't justify the extra spend to get where I want to, so I think it's best that I let these bits go to a home where they'll be used.

IMG_20190219_174406

IMG_20190219_180323

I'm really not sure how to value what I have and would appreciate some help. I'd rather sell these bit easily to someone who'll make use of them than get the absolute best price for them. Once I have established a value I'll put everything on the classifieds for sale.

So I have the following:
  1. Brusa NLG511 charger - currently configured for CAN interface I think, but these can be easily reprogrammed with freely available software, I have plugs and leads to go with it.
  2. 2 YASA 750 Motors (750Nm, 100kW each) with 2 Sevcon Gen 4 size 8 controllers - these are CAN controlled with different message ID's for each motor as they were configured as an eAxle/Diff. They currently have driveshaft cups attached and I have a pair of driveshafts to go with them if someone wanted to replicate this installation.
  3. 1 brand new spare YASA 750, no controller.
  4. 26kWh 215V LiFePO4 Battery - built professionally from 26650 3Ah cells in two blocks, total configuration is 68S40P, one 32S block, one 36S. The pack is passively cooled, but has heating elements built in. A BMS is included which is a black box, but I do have the CAN file for it.
  5. Spare cell blocks and BMS modules from a second stripped pack.
  6. 4kW Air blast PTC heater - for integration into HVAC unit in place of a pollen filter.
  7. Vacuum pump for brakes
  8. Drive selector lever - Fairly universal
  9. Various contactors with and without economisers
  10. PDU - I think I have some CAN for this, but I was planning on using it with my own controller and use the power switching elements, connectors and box.
  11. Collection of interconnecting cables for different bits with original connectors on - will split these with the various units to keep connectors together

I have lots of documentation that will go with the parts, CAN .dbc files, drawings, block diagrams etc a fair few GB!

I've put some photos in an album here in case they are useful.

All the parts are located in Warwickshire in the UK, and ideally would be collected from there, but I could look at shipping if necessary.

Any advice/help people can give will be gratefully received!

Nathan

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
With any used parts (from an EV or otherwise), a good start is to look up the current retail price of new parts, and use some fraction of that (half?) as a starting point. I realize that the parts may be "new", but anything with a previous owner is effectively used, with an uncertain history and no vendor support. Of course in this case - at least for the YASA motors - a realistic price is a challenge because there is no regular retail supply.

It's also worth considering how applicable parts may be to a potential buyer. Some parts can be configured for many different vehicles, which is good, but some are oddball, which reduces their value. I noticed that there were two motors and no gearbox, and the note about attached driveshaft cups confirms the intended application: one motor directly driving each wheel, with no gear reduction so these very large and high-torque motors are required. For someone who wants to do that these parts are very desirable and thus very valuable, but if you can't find that buyer they're just awkwardly large in diameter and missing a gearbox.

As with selling anything, it's all about finding the right buyer, and finding a price that is mutually agreeable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the spot, edited now.

Regarding original cost, I know how much many of the parts originally were but I can't see anyone paying even a quarter of that for the motors for example!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd be interested in an entire package price. That could be awesome for a project I have in mind.

Hi,

I hope that it's appropriate to ask this question here - mods please let know if it should be in another sub-forum or not here at all.

I have a bunch of EV parts that I acquired from a prototype EV that was being dismantled last year. I had hoped to use some/most of it in my own project, but I just can't make the components I have work for the project I want to do. As we're in the middle of renovating our house I can't justify the extra spend to get where I want to, so I think it's best that I let these bits go to a home where they'll be used.

IMG_20190219_174406

IMG_20190219_180323

I'm really not sure how to value what I have and would appreciate some help. I'd rather sell these bit easily to someone who'll make use of them than get the absolute best price for them. Once I have established a value I'll put everything on the classifieds for sale.

So I have the following:
  1. Brusa NLG511 charger - currently configured for CAN interface I think, but these can be easily reprogrammed with freely available software, I have plugs and leads to go with it.
  2. 2 YASA 750 Motors (750Nm, 100kW each) with 2 Sevcon Gen 4 size 8 controllers - these are CAN controlled with different message ID's for each motor as they were configured as an eAxle/Diff. They currently have driveshaft cups attached and I have a pair of driveshafts to go with them if someone wanted to replicate this installation.
  3. 1 brand new spare YASA 750, no controller.
  4. 26kWh 215V LiFePO4 Battery - built professionally from 26650 3Ah cells in two blocks, total configuration is 68S40P, one 32S block, one 36S. The pack is passively cooled, but has heating elements built in. A BMS is included which is a black box, but I do have the CAN file for it.
  5. Spare cell blocks and BMS modules from a second stripped pack.
  6. 4kW Air blast PTC heater - for integration into HVAC unit in place of a pollen filter.
  7. Vacuum pump for brakes
  8. Drive selector lever - Fairly universal
  9. Various contactors with and without economisers
  10. PDU - I think I have some CAN for this, but I was planning on using it with my own controller and use the power switching elements, connectors and box.
  11. Collection of interconnecting cables for different bits with original connectors on - will split these with the various units to keep connectors together

I have lots of documentation that will go with the parts, CAN .dbc files, drawings, block diagrams etc a fair few GB!

I've put some photos in an album here in case they are useful.

All the parts are located in Warwickshire in the UK, and ideally would be collected from there, but I could look at shipping if necessary.

Any advice/help people can give will be gratefully received!

Nathan

·
Registered
141 Posts
Take a look at EV west or even email them. They tend to deal with items like this and do a decent job pricing items. They are also someone that may be interested in buying the package. Or can find a customer

Wish I had money laying around to buy those motors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts