DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
106 views and 1 possible maybe. In 3 weeks I will be in Florida with access to my metal lathe, milling machine, 2 bandsaws, and numerous hand and power tools.

With no more interest than 1 reply, I don't see any reason to undertake making couplers, especially buying the broach and setting up a small production line.

One can only try to provide needed items, sometimes with no input or responses.
I didn't see this sooner, but I'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This is point one addressed.

Second point addressed. Designing to me is, does this need a flange to bolt another different spline coupler to. Does this need to be just a straight tube coupler , etc. Laying out and machining the splines is what I will be doing.

I'm retired and on a fixed income, so, I don't have funds to squander for ' just in case'. I'm trying to get a reverse tadpole motorcycle built, so my wife and I can get groceries and visit a bit. I'm trying to stir interest in a controller that will operate an altermotor, so others can use them, as I try to convert motos where I live.

I'm not looking to made 100's of these. If I can do maybe 15 or so, I would be happy with that. I'm not looking to get rich, just a few side bucks to help my project get completed, or, trading for others assistance on electronics, etc. would also be fine.

If nothing comes of this, it won't be any skin off my nose. I'm just trying to part of a solution to further the revolution.
Personally I would like a flange on it, but if you just make a tube coupler I could just interference fit it into a flanged coupler so I'm good either way.

For what it's worth, if I can get a coupler for this, I will take my motor down to Rinehart and get it characterized so that it could be used in the future with their inverters. So that might increase the number of people who use it.

I'm a little surprised at how few people are using this motor. It really is a great motor and can put out huge amounts of power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.