DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ive been dealing with contactors a lot lately.

Matt isnt correct about not needing them though. You either need one attached to the contactor, or you need a PWM circuit. I know this as a fact because I just tested it. I gave a Kilovac Czonka 3 EV200 A1ANA contactor 12 volts for an hour and it burnt up. Did the same for a contactor with an economizer and it was fine, not even hot. The EV200 was HOT!

I dont use any diodes in my contactor applications but your needs might be different. I dont know what you are doing. Maybe someone else can give you advice on that one.

Dont buy the contactors from EVWest. Too much money. I looked around A LOT and the best deal I found was from this seller on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyco-TE-Re...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

He sells used contactors with economizers and I have had good luck with them, they just take 20+ days to arrive.

I needed 2 more quickly so I purchased some from this guy. https://www.ebay.com/itm/TE-Connect...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
He just reduced his price and its a great deal. They arrived within 3 days and worked perfectly. They are brand new.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
243 Posts
PS I looked all over for an economizer circuit to add to a non economized contactor and I couldnt find any affordable options. It was a while ago but I think I found one on mouser but it was something like $70.

Buy contactors from one of the two links I posted above and move on.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Please refer to post 5, unless a resistor and a capacitor are cost prohibitive in your country.
lol now you want to come over to another thread and start more shit.

I was talking about the economoizer circuit board that is attached to contactors. Not some home built thing. I was looking for something a little more professional for my project. But if it works for you thats great.

·
Registered
243 Posts
you just implied there was no cost effective solution while ignoring the post above you (which many people have laying in their parts bin), telling folks to go buy something, then accuse me of starting shit.

feeling persecuted again?

LOL you a such a troll. I simply said that I couldn't find one. I in no way implied anything by that. In actuality, I gave two very cost effective options. If someone cant afford a $30 contactor they probably shouldn't be working on any battery related projects. A contactor is a pretty major component for safety and functionality. If you want to cheap out on it thats on you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.