DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I have build DC motor based car which can move person on it with batteries now i want to make it engine based please tell how to start it with engine and control with electronic component.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Internal combustion engine (ICE)
...gas, diesel, steam engine = engine

Electric motors = motor
...NO combustion goin' on

ECU (Electronic Control Unit?)
I think your referring to a speed controller
...look up/do some research on speed controllers
...like, maybe Paul & Sabrina's DIY speed controller (lots of "great info")

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
It certainly would help to provide a more clear description of what you want. You have a vehicle which is driven by a DC electric motor; are you now
  1. looking for a different motor speed controller?
  2. wanting to replace the electric motor with an engine?
  3. wanting to add an engine to make the vehicle a hybrid?
Is it one of these, or something else that you are trying to do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
What type of motor is that? It's not clear from your question if you're asking about getting an off-the-shelf motor driver (controller) or building you own.
If later, you need a micro-controller, preferably automotive qualified. Then you need to design a schematic/PCB with high-power FETs/IGBTs and write a firmware for everything.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Hello
What type of sensor does it contain
i have seen gas sensor
You really need to start making some sense, and answering the questions that you have been asked, or no one will will attempt to help you. We can't read your mind, and you're not saying anything sensible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It certainly would help to provide a more clear description of what you want. You have a vehicle which is driven by a DC electric motor; are you now
looking for a different motor speed controller?
wanting to replace the electric motor with an engine?
wanting to add an engine to make the vehicle a hybrid?

Is it one of these, or something else that you are trying to do?
yes i want to replace DC motor by engine petrol or diesel engine.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
yes i want to replace DC motor by engine petrol or diesel engine.
Thanks - now we know what you are actually asking about.

Since this is a forum for do-it-yourself conversions of vehicle to electric power, and you want to convert from electric power, this seems like the wrong place to ask for help with this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks - now we know what you are actually asking about.

Since this is a forum for do-it-yourself conversions of vehicle to electric power, and you want to convert from electric power, this seems like the wrong place to ask for help with this.
please explain this
i have seen this

Attachments

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
please explain this
You want an engine control unit; this is a forum about electric motor controls... and everything else about electric cars, but not cars with engines.

i have seen this...
Yes, every modern vehicle has an electronic engine control unit, similar to what you see in that image. I think that you should buy one, not try to build one, but it isn't the subject of this forum either way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not aware of a car that is an electric motor as of today :cool: just kidding.
I still have troubles understanding what do you need to help with. If you need a DIY EFI (electronic fuel injection) controller, there is a very popular one: http://megasquirt.info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts