DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to convert to electric? I want to try and piece a kit together, but am finding it hard to locate anyone w/ seperate instructions. Any info would be appreciated. Matt

·
SPAM Cop
1,499 Posts
Moreover, you will find all the information you need on this site, either in the forum posts or in the NuWiki. Any time you have a question, search the site or the NuWiki for information.

If you're looking for a 10,000 ft overview of how this is done, watch Gavin's videos. Or better yet, order his DVD.

We're always willing to help the new guys, and you'll rarely encounter anyone in the EV hobby that will ridicule a newbie, but I will say this... This is the DIY forum, and well, sometimes you just have to DIY search for your answers. Just like when you get to start building your EV, don't expect that others will step up and do it for you. Do your research, buy some books on the subject, etc... do it yourself! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some of the most important parts are Factory Service Manuals, and good detailed clearly printed wiring diagrams.
There are severl books paper and digital. Study the photos of EVERYbody else's work.
Read, study and commit to memory every bit of information you can.

·
SPAM Cop
1,499 Posts
Wayne,

I just ran thru your website during my lunch break. Awesome work you've done there! Daisy seemed to like the truck so much that she was anxious that you didn't let her go for the first test drive. :)

I love the level of thought and detail you put into every item. Truly your conversion embodies the DIY spirit.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts