DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I got this Thundersky 20S LiFePo 10A battery charger from a chinese scooter, and I'd like to use it for 20S Lithium-ion (10 Nissan Leaf cells). So I need to raise the voltage from 72V to 82-84V.

Unfortunately it doesn't have any trimpots inside, but I did a bit of reading up ad it should be possible to identify a resistor on the board and add a trimpot parallel to it.

Would any of you be willing to take a look and guess which resistor it might be?
Here's an album with detailed photos: https://imgur.com/a/cfPAezt

Alternatively, if I can't make this work, how stupid of an idea would be to connect it in series with a 12V powersource from a PC (PSU)? The PSU can provide up to 24A, but I have no idea how could it behave in such circuit.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I solved it, posting a follow up for anyone who needs it:
Thank you for making the internet a better place.

There is nothing more frustrating than "Oh, this person had the same problem. But they never say whether it got fixed." Or "Oh, they say 'thanks' and tell you it's fixed now but don't tell you what they did."

And, you doing that encourages others to do the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yes, I know that pain.
Thank you and everyone on forums like this for sharing so much knowledge. I learned so much here and on endless-sphere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts