DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this motor a few months ago from a guy named Gregory in Georgia with the intention of installing it on my Porsche 914. Unfortunately like many of us here, I'll have to postpone the project because I just bought a house and have a baby on its way.

It's labeled as an AC-41 but after failing to find any information online about it, I called HPEVS directly and was told that they never made an AC-41, so it is mostly likely an AC-31 that came out of a Wheego.

I haven't tested it or done anything to it since I got it besides taking it out of the box to take pictures, so sale would be in As-Is condition. Previous owner showed video of it running on a table setup.

Located in Ontario, Ca. $550 or best offer.
I'd rather not ship it, but I might consider it depending on demand.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are you sure it is an 8 inch motor? All the AC-3X motors on EV West‘s website show as 9 inch motors. I am thinking I can use it in a Sparrow conversion to AC, but I won’t be able to get to it for at least a few more months. The sparrow has an 8”ADC.

You are welcome to come down here and take the sparrow for a spin, but it doesn’t have the range to make Riverside.

·
Registered
975 Posts
It’s unfortunate it’s a female spline, I would drop it in my ccar

I wonder if it would fit a Miles zx40?

I will have to dig into that.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
If you could get the proper end plate for standard transmission adapters you'd have better luck selling the motor to someone like an old VW. You'd need to contact HPEVS and maybe even get a software update for the controller. Might need a new encoder bearing. The AC 31 is an outdated lower RPM motor and as is, it is good for a Golf Cart or Utility Cart. Might try on Ebay to sell to someone that could use it as is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts