DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purveyors of Tesla battery modules, and other items.
I might be looking to these nice folks from Hickory, NC to send me some batteries, but I can’t seem to find much info about them.
Before I send them 10k, I’d like to hear what it’s like to be a customer.
Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the record, 057 Technologies, aka HSR Motors, Hickory NC is one of the foremost resellers of Tesla model S batteries and other Tesla parts. It’s owner, Jason Hughes, is well known in EV circles for his work in decoding Tesla internal electronics and using Tesla batteries.
I was shy about sending off a big check to these folks, but it turned out to be an excellent decision. My six modules came individually boxed, each module surrounded with 3” of closed cell foam. These boxes were then stacked and band-bound into a Big wooden shipping crate with plenty of air space around them. No way these were going to get damaged in transit.
I didn’t receive any documentation on them which would‘ve been nice, but they had been inspected (evidence of inspection marks), and all of them tested within .02V of each other. I chose to have the Tesla BMS boards removed and 057’s installed, free of charge.
I had a few questions and each time 057 was back at me within a day. I received thorough and complete answers from them. I could reach them by phone easily.
So, surprised as I was that this post got no response for a year, I’m very happy to have taken the chance. To any of you looking for Tesla batteries, look no further than 057 Technologies. You won’t be disappointed.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have purchased 2 separate Tesla drive systems from them and both came exactly as advertised and the packaging was absolute top notch. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again if they had what I needed and the price was reasonable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts