DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I bought one Hyundai kona and I am planning to open it so that I could map current and power consumed by system so that I can get the idea of power consumed by every system.
There are two problem.
1- I heard if I try to open some parts then the system could cutoff and I have to go to service center to start it again.
2- I would like to know power going to motor. Its easy to measure the current and voltage on ac side of inverter but I want to know the way to calculate.
Hope people here could help me.
Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you tried getting data from the OBD2 Diagnostics port? You might be surprised how much data you get out from it without making any hardware modifications. Most likely, you can get enough data out this way to fulfil whatever your requirements are once it's set up correctly

Have a search around online for how to set up Torque (other OBD2 reader apps are avaliable, but Torque is the best supported by its community by a big margin). You may need to find 3rd party created lists of "PIDs" (parameter IDs) to set it up - but it'll be way easier than trying to add your own sensors...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts