DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE (2021-02-02): The motor and speed controller were claimed. There's still a great bike frame, wheels, tires, etc., good platform for building an electric bike.
———
I've had a dormant bike conversion project for many, many years, and I realize I'm probably never going to complete it. It's based off a 1988 Honda VTR-250 that my parents bought new for me. I have an electric motor and speed controller, but no batteries, and the controller is super old and there's probably something much better now.

The frame is disassembled, and all of the ICE-related parts have been disposed of. I have two sets of cowlings that were eventually going to be repainted.

If anyone is interested, the lot is yours, no charge if you pick it up, shipping charges if you want me to ship it all to you (probably a few hundred dollars).

Otherwise, it's all going to the junkyard.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Shipping from SF Bay Area to The Pacific NW of a bike cost me $800. That makes it a nonstarter for me. Craigslist a local is prob the best to do with it. I'll pay for shipping on the motor & controller (and throttle), though, if you pull those & scrap the bike...make a kart for my grandkid.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had a dormant bike conversion project for many, many years, and I realize I'm probably never going to complete it. It's based off a 1988 Honda VTR-250 that my parents bought new for me. I have an electric motor and speed controller, but no batteries, and the controller is super old and there's probably something much better now.

The frame is disassembled, and all of the ICE-related parts have been disposed of. I have two sets of cowlings that were eventually going to be repainted.

If anyone is interested, the lot is yours, no charge if you pick it up, shipping charges if you want me to ship it all to you (probably a few hundred dollars).

Otherwise, it's all going to the junkyard.
Interested. Where are you located? PM and we can make a deal for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jet! I just started a conversion on a motorcycle & could use the motor & controller. If it's better for you, I could pick it all up. I live in OC & go to L.A. often. When would be a good day & time for me to go pick these up ? Thanks for offering these up, much appreciated !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts