DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am fairly new at this and wondered if any one could tell me if I can use these IGBT for a DC controller Using Jacks DC Driver board .

Cheers Barry

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Thats a darlington transistor not an igbt so no.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,

Does any one know where I can get some IGBT that will do the job? I'm down here in New Zealand and work at a technical institute .Its a little harder to access second hand stuff here. I am trying to get a DC electric car built to show our students how cool the technology is. I do have access to a gen 1 Prius maybe they have IGBT in them I could use.

Cheers Barry

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the reply,

Does any one know where I can get some IGBT that will do the job? I'm down here in New Zealand and work at a technical institute .Its a little harder to access second hand stuff here. I am trying to get a DC electric car built to show our students how cool the technology is. I do have access to a gen 1 Prius maybe they have IGBT in them I could use.

Cheers Barry
Honestly, I bought the IGBTs for my MG off of AliExpress. They were like 40 bucks a pop for 600v and 600a. Who knows if I got lucky or if they're the real deal, but it works great. I was willing to try at that price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Reply. I have looked around but can only find them for about $200 dollars NZ. That more than I bought the car for!!.

I will keep looking .

Cheers barry

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
i wonder if those are from my cousin "Ricky" in Alabama...

At $2 a piece, that's an incredible price, almost too good to be true.

Max 600V and 500A.

Maybe these are good parts diverted from the production line, or maybe just copies of the real device.

i almost want to buy some just to test and dismantle.

For your project--at this price, buy a dozen and you would have plenty to spare even if there are a few duds.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That IGBT pricing might be in US hectodollars, though every time Justin opens his yap the Looney drops, so maybe it's just in Canadian dollars.

I suspect they're selling datasheets, not devices, for two bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts