DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First time poster here so be gentle...

I have a Gen1 Nissan Leaf 30Kw and I want to increase the available power. I was inspired by Arlin Sansome's videos on Youtube:
https://youtu.be/S6OInkLWAhk

I like the idea of potentially creating a bolt-on kit that anyone can purchase and install (at their own risk ofc). Initially though, I just want my Leaf to have a bit more poke. It's my understanding that the stock Leaf motor is capable of way more than the circa 100HP it's developing now. So I imagine it's the controller and batteries that are the limiting factors.

So, I'm thinking of augmenting the batteries with an ultracapacitor and upgrading the controller/invertor. Ideally, I'd like to keep everything else pretty much as-is.

My questions are:
1. Is this even faesible?
2. Would it cost an absolute fortune?
3. Does an Ultracapacitor just sit in-line between the battery and controller or does it need some sort of active management?
4. How faesibile is it to get an uprated controller integrated with the existing Nissan parts?
5. Has anyone seen this type of thing done already?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.