DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Leaf's power output is limited by the batteries. Whether that's due to heat or chemistry, I dunno...I haven't been able to find specs on how much current the motor draws at full throttle and how much current each module can deliver.

·
Registered
636 Posts
In my repo you can see which ones have this on the EV-can for instance.
This is great! To what level of completeness has the Leaf protocol been sussed out? I've seen the spreadsheet this is built from, but I'm new to CAN and it doesn't seem like you could, say, control a charger, BMS, or DC-DC converter from the info.

The longass thread on the Leaf forum is pretty dead these days. Where is most Leaf/CAN hacking being discussed? I'm hoping to get to a point where someone could buy an Arduino, install some open-source software, and control Leaf components (thereby saving 10x vs aftermarket parts).

·
Registered
636 Posts
Oof, I did not! I'm using Thunderstruck's controller, but that just talks to the inverter, so it sounds like I'm under the same constraint. I might have to add another 6 modules!

Off to research...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.