DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team

Done some preliminary calculations to find values for PMAC Electric motor which can go with Curtis 1234SE 5471.

I am going with two independent rear wheel motor setup, for a small 1500Kg Hatchback, doe values like 15KW. [email protected] per motor make any sense?

I am finding hard to find a motor for this setup

Attachments

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Done some preliminary calculations to find values for PMAC Electric motor which can go with Curtis 1234SE 5471.

I am going with two independent rear wheel motor setup, for a small 1500Kg Hatchback, doe values like 15KW. [email protected] per motor make any sense?
The values in the spreadsheet look generally reasonable, except for the completely nonsensical torque value. I can only guess that the cell in the spreadsheet which calculates torque has been accidentally modified.

torque = power / rotational speed
torque [Nm] = power [W] / (speed [rev/second] * 2 * pi)
For 15 kW @ 1500 RPM, torque is about 100 Nm, not 2 Nm.

I'll also note that the spreadsheet calculates how much power is required to keep the vehicle moving at 120 km/h... but allows no extra to accelerate so it can get there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The values in the spreadsheet look generally reasonable, except for the completely nonsensical torque value. I can only guess that the cell in the spreadsheet which calculates torque has been accidentally modified.

torque = power / rotational speed
torque [Nm] = power [W] / (speed [rev/second] * 2 * pi)
For 15 kW @ 1500 RPM, torque is about 100 Nm, not 2 Nm.

I'll also note that the spreadsheet calculates how much power is required to keep the vehicle moving at 120 km/h... but allows no extra to accelerate so it can get there.
Thanks Brian, I have corrected the mistake and have modified it accordingly

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.