DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I´m new here so I hope I´m not making a big mistake but does anyone have the info of a supplier in the US who can ship internationally?

I need to buy some parts, mainly a 12S LiFePo4 36v BMSfor a small vehicle we´re making. Unfortunately there is no easy way to get that kind of stuff here in Mexico and we can´t afford to wait for it to be delivered all the way from China, it takes too long. We also need shrink wrap for the cells and other stuff like that, if the vendor sells everything related it would be better of course.

If anyone knows somewhere we can purchase this and other products I would greatly appreciate it.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-02 at 09.44.00.jpeg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not sure about international shipping, but the BMS from thunderstruck handles up to 24 cells. This is the system I plan on using, but I have not installed it yet, so I cant really comment. Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about international shipping, but the BMS from thunderstruck handles up to 24 cells. This is the system I plan on using, but I have not installed it yet, so I cant really comment. Good luck on your project.
Thank you! I was just checking that one out a couple of minutes ago, unfortunately no, they can´t ship internationally to my location.

I´m pretty new at this, do you know if it is possible to use, for example, a 16s BMS and only use 12 ports of the board?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I´m pretty new at this, do you know if it is possible to use, for example, a 16s BMS and only use 12 ports of the board?
I know it is possible with the thunderstruck BMS, but you would probably want to read the installation instructions for other models to be sure. I think generally all the unused cell taps just connect to the last cell in the series.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts