DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am Jake, I would like to introduce my self. Been building ev's for quite some years now. Did a few small conversions; pocket bike, mini dirt bike. Been hooked since. Done many e-scooters and I am onto my electric motorcycle conversion; http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16327 . I just recently moved to New Zealand, Wellington (In November). I also have a blog: http://saundersev.blogspot.com/
You will find most information on either the e-s thread or my blog.

Would be nice to hear from some local people here,

Jake

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Jake - Welcome to New Zealand. Looks like you are right into it!

Came across a website recently with an awesome dirt bike conversion you might like to have a look at www.evdrive.com. I am taking his BMW conversion as inspiration for my 316ti.:cool:

"crunchtime" is another guy in Wellington you might be able to contact, who is also doing a 316. Gav at kiwiev should be able to put you in touch as crunchtime bought gavs EV for the parts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Jake - Welcome to New Zealand. Looks like you are right into it!

Came across a website recently with an awesome dirt bike conversion you might like to have a look at www.evdrive.com. I am taking his BMW conversion as inspiration for my 316ti.:cool:

"crunchtime" is another guy in Wellington you might be able to contact, who is also doing a 316. Gav at kiwiev should be able to put you in touch as crunchtime bought gavs EV for the parts.

I'm here :)

but mine's a 328, although I guess I should use the past tense now since the M52 is on the floor of the garage (still!)... (If there's ever a competition for the biggest reduction in horsepower going from petrol to batteries, I reckon I'll be a shoe-in. I feel guilty sometimes)

Yep - welcome to Wellington, Jake (although I'm in Lower Hutt, along with (amongst others) evlowrider, who's doing an MX5)... Doesn't the weather make you really glad you moved here? :D

There seems to be a growing EV movement here actually - new names keep popping up all the time, and the (only) Electric Vehicle certification dude in Wellington mentioned a couple as well when I eventually got hold of him...

(I should update my build thread...)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes :p
I wouldn't worry at all about loss in horsepower if I were you. You will still be driving an electric car around. Even getting round to converting a car is an achievement in my point of view. I'm sure you will be flying by. (speed wise)

Haha! The weather is alright I guess. Well yes... It is pretty bad. Comparing to where I came from, Spain. :eek:

Yes, At first I had thought that there weren't many people interested in evs around here. This is definitely starting to change. Like you said, More people keep 'popping' up.

When I was looking through the lvv certifier's list I was pretty happy to see there even was an electric vehicle category. Then I looked down to Wellington and was like WOW. For some reason I was overly excited to find out there was one right here.:cool:

Have you guys got links to your build threads?

Jake

P.S just to let you know. I am a more active member on endless-sphere and elmoto.net and also bright sparks :) For some reason I don't seem to get on diyelectriccar forum much...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts