DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I'm Leonardo, 29 from Italy (Tuscany, to be more precise) and a real car enthusiast.
I own a 1986 Renault 4 and a 1994 Volvo 940.
I can't at the moment begin a conversion of my cars but it's been a while since I started to think about converting the Renault, I really love the idea of a silent converted old car.

I know I'm not exactly the best in english and I'm sorry about it, but for the moment I think I'll be more of a reader of this pages.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Leonardo and welcome.

I think you have a good candidate for conversion there. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Your english is quite good, probably better than a lot of us who speak english as our first language.

Feel free to pick our brains for information on your project. But as always I recommend defining your expectations in writing:
Vehicle purpose
Vehicle weight
Acceleration
Top Speed
Range

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you Galderdi,
I'm going soon to restore the car and maybe it would be the right moment to take off the old petrol engine...
I'm quite confused about the purpose of the transformation.
Obviously I'd like a fast car with great range for a cheap price.
The original performances of the car are about 130 km/h (80 mph) max speed and a 0-100 (0-60) in something near 20-25".
700 kg and 34 hp
I use it to travel in the weekend, go to meetings and if possible for the holidays. Not as a daily. I'd like a good range but I think it's quite hard to achieve...

What I like about the car is the chassis divided by the body:

And the space under the bonnet

A professional conversion company in Italy asked me:

5900 € + 22% VAT for the conversion
95 km/h max speed, road legal

Plus battery packs (5h full charge, 2h 80%)

6000 € + 22% VAT 100 km range

8000 € + 22% VAT 150 km range

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi again, I think you have answered the question.

purpose of the transformation = fast car with great range for a cheap price. travel in the weekend, go to meetings and if possible for the holidays. Not as a daily. I'd like a good range.

That is a very interesting chassis.

Do you have an idea of the components you would like to use?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts