DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here, I designed a self charging electric vehicle and now I'm about to start working on a prototype, I'm planning to use a Honda civic hatchback for my project but I remain open on the donor car, for the aforementioned vehicle, which motor would be suitable for it, I need to use to of those for a greater performance, thank you in advance

·
Registered
197 Posts
I designed a self charging electric vehicle
Hi, can you explain what you mean by this please?

In my mind this is a car with a robot arm to grab and connect the charging cable, but Toyota are abusing the term to advertise ordinary hybrids.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Hi, can you explain what you mean by this please?

In my mind this is a car with a robot arm to grab and connect the charging cable, but Toyota are abusing the term to advertise ordinary hybrids.
Yeah, the recent Toyota advertising is really annoying.

It could be a series hybrid, but my guess is that he means some perpetual motion scheme. If so, when details appear they can be moved straight into Alternators, Free Energy, Perpetual Motion, Over Unity and all that...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, unfortunately I can not disclose this system as I plan to get a patent for it since I wanna build a company on this, however, it is proven to work and isn't that much complex, I'm fine with everything from my self designed charging system, problems are all that comes after

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
My suggestions would be:

Never mention the "self-charging" system again, because it will only be a distraction from what you want to discuss.

Decide on your actual functional requirements, such as range, acceleration, cost, and both mechanical and electronic build complexity. The right motor someone else with different requirements is likely not the same as the right motor for you.

Read build threads and motor discussions in the forum to see how other people with a similar car (any compact front-wheel-drive) chose their motor. There's nothing unique about the Civic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts