DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

Just thought I would mention this/ The Irish government recently offered €5,000 off buying a new EV which is great. However when I asked if builders of converted vehicles would receive this grant, it was denied citing that the fund was only applicable to new cars and that weight distribution of the converted ev might be a safety issue?

Bearing in mind that the Irish governments plan is to have 10% of the cars on the road as EVs by 2020, extending the grant scheme to converted EV's would surely help this process along no end.

The government granted exclusive rights for ev distribution to Renault and Mitsubishi and the grants are only for their cars....

I was fortunate enough to get 5k from our local enterprise office but I doubt anyone else will ever get funding.

Damien.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Ireland-First-Electric-Car-Conversion

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Damien - sounds like a great project, so good luck with it. I absolutely agree that the Irish government incentive scheme should extend to cover conversions. But one small quibble: your link refers to "Ireland First Electric Car Conversion", so you might want to check out jackbauer's conversion (also a BMW) which just recently earned its NCT cert ... (I have no connection - just an interested onlooker - but maybe you should swap notes with each other?)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts