DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen fairly recent YouTube videos with StealthEV, suggesting they're still operating, but their sales and support email addresses don't ever respond. Does anyone know if they're still in business?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I've been calling and texting Matt, the owner for over a week with no response. I hate to be a pest, but I purchased 13K worth of stuff from him, which included 2 hours of support, and he simply does not respond. I went through this last year when I purchased the parts, he went dark for almost a month. I had to decline the charges on my credit card before he would respond. Its a shame, he is a nice guy and very knowledgeable, but his support is terrible. I know there are several other unhappy customers out there as well. Maybe its time for them to share their experiences as well. So this doesn't sound like one unhappy customer venting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes! Sounds like I should avoid ordering from them then. Thanks for the feedback! Did you ever get your parts in the end?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you ever get your parts in the end?
Yes, I received the parts (Tesla Drive, Orion BMS, StealthEv charger and a bunch of smaller parts) in a reasonable amount of time. Its just that nothing came with any wiring diagrams or instructions. So your only source of help is to work with Matt. It took a month to get the password to the wifi on the invertor board, almost three months for the wiring diagram for the controller/bms/charger and to date, there is nothing for the StealthEv brand charger. No manual, troubleshooting guide, etc. If you can get Matt on the phone, he is happy to answer questions and help you implement the parts, but that is the issue. He is impossible to reach and does not return phone calls or emails most of the time. (as you have experienced too)

It seems to be a common problem with most of these vendors. Read through Snowdog's build thread here and you will see he had a heck of a time with EV-West. The only company that seems to be rock solid reliable is Zero-EV in the UK. Chris is fantastic at getting back to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It took a month to get the password to the wifi on the invertor board, almost three months for the wiring diagram for the controller/bms/charger and to date, there is nothing for the StealthEv brand charger. No manual, troubleshooting guide, etc.
The Stealth Ev chargers are rebranded OVAR devices, I got the specs, wiring and drawings from them for the 3.3kW charger with DC-DC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts