DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for a controller capable of 144v/600+ amps. A Zilla would be perfect, but the Zeva seems to fit the bill, too.

Anyone have a lead on one of these, or other ideas?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I checked out the manual of the Zeva 600 amp 144v controller. Not sure it will bring out the most in your Warp9 but it will surly do in your situation. Fairly priced for new as well. I would however suggest you have top notch disc brakes on your beastie because you will have NO regen to help you slow your beastie down upon throttle off. Once the throttle is off you will be coasting. Stopping will be 100% the duty of your brakes. Do not skimp as stopping safely and quickly is a priority. I think the 1000 amp version might be better and you will have power at your disposal even if you don't use it much. But you will have it when you want it. You can drive it easy most of the time but you will soon want more so going with the 1000 amp version from the start migh
t be a good choice. Your Warp9 will love you for that. They are beasts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of the Zeva 1000 as well, if I dont end up with a Zilla 1k. Either way, things are going to get warm. The brain trust is hard at work on that one.
Like you, I’m a big fan of stopping ~before~ I hit something. No worries there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts