DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
I assume that the JAC is the previous version of their current IEV5 (which is the HFC7001AEV). Auto-CHE.com has a page of information about a bunch of variants ("batches") with links to more detailed pages for each of them. I suppose you already had that...

The Wikipedia article for JAC says they assembled Mitsubishi vehicles at one time, so it seem reasonable to guess that this car is largely a copy of some Mitsubishi model... although this might not matter since those would be the parts which you will not be using.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Perhaps most importantly, there are just empty spaces where the text suggests that there are supposed to be images. :confused:

Update: I copied the URL for one of the images to a separate window, got a security warning from my browser (Chrome), told it to go ahead and risk problems, and now I see the images.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
I put the image links in incorrectly, using https instead of http. I use a self-signed security certificate and forgot that the rest of the world's browsers might have a problem with the cert my browser was specifically told to trust. Should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads-up.
That matches what I saw. :)

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
OK, I bought a new meter and confirmed everything. All 40 packs are five paralleled cells for 3.2V (currently) and the packs are all connected in series.

What I don't get is why the placard rating on the battery cabinet and the specifications listed at auto-che.com say the battery voltage is 304v.

40 * 3.2v = 128v
40 * 3.6v = 144v
Each 5-cell pack must be either all in parallel or all in series; both a visual assessment and the pack voltage confirm that it is parallel.

That makes sense, but...
I don't get where the 304v is coming from. Maybe that's the amount of voltage you have to push through it to charge?
That sounds like an impossibly high charging voltage for that configuration, and an unreasonably low operating voltage for a modern production EV. I note that the input voltage range on the DC-to-DC converter is from 200 V to something... presumably higher, but you could check. And you already measured over 300 volts from the fully connected set, right?

I'm confused. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.