DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
They seem to be letting current and voltage float and never reach the rated 6A. They do limit voltage to 3.6v and shut off at [email protected], so maybe I don't know what is supposed to happen.

I thought a charge cycle was supposed to look like this:

(Yes, I know the numbers are off for a single LFP cell. It's just the curves I'm interested in.)

But instead I get this:

The voltage curves are 3.1v to 3.6v; I just left off the labels. The graph covers 25:20hr.

It takes 24hr to charge when my 62Ah cells should be taking around 14-15hr @ 6A.

Do those curves look like they should for a CCCV charger?

Harmon
What are you using to measure the voltage? I highly doubt the current would have a smooth curve if the voltage were really abruptly changing like that. I have a feeling there's some rounding going on with the measurement tool.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My car charger got here quicker than I expected. I'm only 10 cells in to charging the pack with individual cell chargers.

Opinions? Assemble the pack and let the on-board BMS do its thing or continue topping off the cells individually for the next month?

Also - anybody read Chinese?

Might be risky depending on how different the state of charge/voltage is between cells is.

Here's the translations a Chinese to English dictionary provided (very handy website, lets you draw the characters: http://ce.linedict.com/#/cnen/home ):

1: Assuming this means wall power connected:

2: Assuming this means car connected:

3: Currently charging:

4: Error:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.