DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out today's Wall Street Journal. It looks like it made the
front page.

They even drew a "stipled effect" portrait of John. That makes it an
official WJ article. Great mug shot!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html

Great story John. This one's a keeper.

Chip

NEDRA
http://www.nedra.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey all

I'll deffinantly have to stop and grab a copy so I can
frame it for the office wall 8^) Although I'm not
sure whether I should high-light "electric forklift
motor" or not LMAO. Electric forklift motor "my ass"
8^( I want to see the forklift that sports a 34"
Dutchman racing shaft, LMAO 8^)

Guess I better start showing up at the EVents more 8^P

At least the motor did make the video! (EVen if it was
all burnt and crispy looking)(and John has a look that
says, I told the loser to do it right last time) 8^o

I also thought Wayland was like 55 or 60 years old 8^P
He's always been a father figuer to me anyway, LMAO!

It may be the Wall Street Journal but this puppy is
only getting a small corner section in the office 8^o

All jesting aside congrats for some awesome EV press,
and I just can't wait to start fielding calls and
emails from folks wanting to know where they too can
find Siamese forklift motors 8^)

Had fun 8^)

Jim Husted
Hi-Torque Electric



____________________________________________________________________________________
Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a message dated 8/1/2007 6:23:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:
xxxxxx
They even drew a "stipled effect" portrait of John. That makes it an
official WJ article. Great mug shot.
_http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html_
(http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html)
--------
Plasma Boy, great story in the Wall Street Journal, you're 47? you're
catching up to me.

Keep kicking ice butt.

Jim...............still second quickest lead acid EV in the world.




************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome story! Congratulations!

----- Original Message ----
From: Chip Gribben <[email protected]>
To: EV Discussion List <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 9:18:28 AM
Subject: John Wayland in Wall Street Journal

Check out today's Wall Street Journal. It looks like it made the
front page.

They even drew a "stipled effect" portrait of John. That makes it an
official WJ article. Great mug shot!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html

Great story John. This one's a keeper.

Chip

NEDRA
http://www.nedra.com







____________________________________________________________________________________
Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.
http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome Article! Way to go John!

-Phil
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chip Gribben" <[email protected]>
To: "EV Discussion List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 6:18 AM
Subject: John Wayland in Wall Street Journal


> Check out today's Wall Street Journal. It looks like it made the
> front page.
>
> They even drew a "stipled effect" portrait of John. That makes it an
> official WJ article. Great mug shot!
>
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html
>
> Great story John. This one's a keeper.
>
> Chip
>
> NEDRA
> http://www.nedra.com
>
>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice article John. This put it square in front of every person in a big business that could potentially shift the paradigm.

But now Jim is going to have every forklift operator knocking at his door wanting a souped up fork lift :)

Don't worry about the crispy motor in the photos. Nobody can really tell thats its guts are all wrinkled up inside, its got that nice eye distracting purple paint job ;-) At least they didn't describe the motor zorching in as much detail as they did with John's battery zorching. That was some pretty graphic detail with fire guys in HazMat suits needed to secure the power, doh.

Like with the AP article I agree with John, the video commentary was much better.

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Husted <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 6:48 am
Subject: Re: John Wayland in Wall Street Journal
To: [email protected]

> Hey all
>
> I'll deffinantly have to stop and grab a copy so I can
> frame it for the office wall 8^) Although I'm not
> sure whether I should high-light "electric forklift
> motor" or not LMAO. Electric forklift motor "my ass"
> 8^( I want to see the forklift that sports a 34"
> Dutchman racing shaft, LMAO 8^)
>
> Guess I better start showing up at the EVents more 8^P
>
> At least the motor did make the video! (EVen if it was
> all burnt and crispy looking)(and John has a look that
> says, I told the loser to do it right last time) 8^o
>
> I also thought Wayland was like 55 or 60 years old 8^P
> He's always been a father figuer to me anyway, LMAO!
>
> It may be the Wall Street Journal but this puppy is
> only getting a small corner section in the office 8^o
>
> All jesting aside congrats for some awesome EV press,
> and I just can't wait to start fielding calls and
> emails from folks wanting to know where they too can
> find Siamese forklift motors 8^)
>
> Had fun 8^)
>
> Jim Husted
> Hi-Torque Electric
>
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________________________Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7
>
>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great article!
I didn't that was why they called you plasma boy.
Good story!

[email protected] wrote:
> In a message dated 8/1/2007 6:23:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> [email protected] writes:
> xxxxxx
> They even drew a "stipled effect" portrait of John. That makes it an
> official WJ article. Great mug shot.
> _http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html_
> (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html)
> --------
> Plasma Boy, great story in the Wall Street Journal, you're 47? you're
> catching up to me.
>
> Keep kicking ice butt.
>
> Jim...............still second quickest lead acid EV in the world.
>
>
>
>
> ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new
> AOL at
> http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

www.GlobalBoiling.com for daily images about hurricanes, globalwarming
and the melting poles.

www.ElectricQuakes.com daily solar and earthquake images.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And here is the complete story!

Enjoy! :)

http://www.evdl.org/docs/plasmaboy.pdf

Ken



-----Original Message-----
From: GWMobile <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 2:32 pm
Subject: Re: John Wayland in Wall Street Journal


Great article!Â*
I didn't that was why they called you plasma boy.Â*
Good story!Â*
Â*
[email protected] wrote:Â*
> In a message dated 8/1/2007 6:23:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,Â*
> [email protected] writes:Â*
> xxxxxxÂ*
> They even drew a "stipled effect" portrait of John. That makes it anÂ*
> official WJ article. Great mug shot.Â*
> _http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html_Â*
> (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118593442187584293.html)Â*
> --------Â*
> Plasma Boy, great story in the Wall Street Journal, you're 47? you'reÂ*
> catching up to me.Â*
>Â*
> Keep kicking ice butt.Â*
>Â*
> Jim...............still second quickest lead acid EV in the world.Â*
>Â*
>Â*
>Â*
>Â*
> ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the
all-new > AOL atÂ*
> http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tourÂ*
Â*
www.GlobalBoiling.com for daily images about hurricanes, globalwarming
and the melting poles.Â*
Â*
www.ElectricQuakes.com daily solar and earthquake images.Â*
Â*


________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free
from AOL at AOL.com.
=0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the header advertisement on the Marketplace (B) section of the paper:
AC/DC - For those about to Rock.....

Too bad its not on the same page as the Wayland article ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chip> Great story John. This one's a keeper.

Indeed. I love the quote at the end: "Somebody, please arrest me. I'm
having way too much fun."

Go get 'em Plasma Boy!

--
Skip Montanaro - [email protected] - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MIKE WILLMON wrote:

> Don't worry about the crispy motor in the photos. Nobody can
> really tell thats its guts are all wrinkled up inside, its got that
> nice eye distracting purple paint job ;-) At least they didn't
> describe the motor zorching in as much detail as they did with
> John's battery zorching. That was some pretty graphic detail with
> fire guys in HazMat suits needed to secure the power, doh.

Oh, that was the short version <G>.

Somewhere the long version is posted...

I think its on the Plasmaboyracing web site....

Oh yea, its here...

<http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/blog/?page_id=10>


Enjoy!
Paul "neon" Gooch

P.S. - you should strive to keep the plasma inside glass :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top