DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, Hello everyone :D

I just started on this forum and am very interested in building a custom EV eventually. I have been looking for a wrecked hybrid to convert to a plug-in hybrid and maybe test some ideas on.

Anyone near Dayton, Ohio who has any EV project going on or going to start one and wants any welding or fabrication help, send me a pm. I would love to get some experience working with EV's and hybrids. I have good welding/fabrication skills and weld in the garage often.

I am no electrical engineer, but have experience with everything from 12volt DC to some work with 3phase AC. I learn anything I dont know very quickly when I am "hands on". I plan to go back to school (hopefully in Jan., if not the very next quarter) and take engineering at Sinclair Cumminity College in Dayton, OH.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Glad to see new members who are willing to help. =)

You may notice we also have some very famous people here. (Including Gavin who is now famous and soon to be rich.) =)

Hope you will grab some coffee (or what you prefer to drink) and join in frequently. A great place that is for those who drive, want to build or learn about EV's and be a part of living the future.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I think there are a few in your area, CFreeman54 and ToddsHotrods, probably others.
Not too far away - Columbus area. CFreeman54 is from Central Ohio, but he's currently in China taste-testing lithium batteries.

Happy belated Turkey Day and welcome aboard! Drag that shop closer to Columbus, I need a new place to make sparks. :D

There's also the wakinyatanka (sp?) guy and another working on a Camaro conversion and a scratch-build. Can't recall his name right now, but I think it starts with a J.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in Florida, but could always use some fab help, got access to lathe or Mill?

Im building a hybrid at this very moment. :)
Thanks everyone, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! :D

I used to travel to Florida allot for a while (Lived in Port St. Lucie before and have spent time in West Palm Beach with family many times).

Lathe and/or Mill I dont have yet but have been looking for the right deal. Not sure when I will get them though.

Almost bought the Torchmate 2'X2' prototype/garage CNC plasma table when they had it for $1,999 a couple months ago, but decided to wait cause I wanted a bigger machine. They now are coming out with a 3'X3' model for I think $3,500. I really want a 4x4 up to a 5x10 one day. I need a new plasma torch too, loaned my Hypertherm out and it got stolen (no more tools being loaned out.) and I sold my small machine cause it only did 1/8".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts