DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im posting to see what kind of experience people have had with KTA. Slow? Fast?
Basically I just want to know how long it takes them to ship out their kits. Or if they ship at all.
thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
I didn't buy one of their kits, but I did buy some miscellaneous parts from them. They were very quick and quite knowledgeable. I'd deal with them again without reservations.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For my purposes, it was just fine. They didn't waste time getting out to me, either.

Again, I didn't buy a kit, so I can't say anything about their large object crating practices or anything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi all;
I sent an order through my mechanic about 2 weeks ago, talked to the New owner, and haven't heard from them , since...no phone answering, no email , nothing. Fortunetly, we hadn't sent any money.. I have since gone to another source.. :( :confused: :( :confused:
THANK YOU Marty

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
http://www.kta-ev.com/history.html

"As of April 15th, 2008, KTA Services is under new ownership. The founder, Ken Koch has decided to retire from the EV hardware business after more than 23 years. Ken's retirement will give him the time to build his dream, a 1932 Ford EV street roadster. You can follow his projects at "The Founder's Page" link on the KTA Services Home Page. He will continue to provide consulting to EV builders while I come up to speed on the hardware side of the business. You can reach his consulting business at the "EV-Consulting" link on the KTA Services Home Page."

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi All;
I knew that Ken had retired, BUT I have not gotten ANY response from the New Owner, since we first talked to Him about 2 weeks ago....
THANK YOU Marty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts