96v Motors - More Advice Needed
This is for the following EV boat. See discussion for more information.
Starting this thread to document the full Solar Boat Conversion Project. Always looking for good advice. The Concept 1) I will eventually be converting a nice 40 Cat or displacement Hull to Electric. Needed a project boat to experiment on first. 2) I found this 23 foot boat for $1800 +...
On perfectly Flat water with no wind, I will only need about 10kW to keep Hull Speed.
Due to the above, I am looking for the most powerful 96v motor/controller that can run continuously at 250 amps. 96v * 250amps = 24Kw motor. something that is not pushing its self at 250amps.
Preliminary research is leading me to these options. But I may be missing a lot. Any feed back on AC induction vs Water cooled Permeant Magnet?
- But.. when is it ever perfectly flat with no wind.
- I will have a 85kWh Battery that can do 500amps at less than 1C.
- Most trips will be under 20 miles so not afraid to just chow thru battery for small speed gains
- Want the ability to maintain hull speed even in wind / chop
- This is a test system for a much larger boat
- I can re-gear to get 1900 RPM (Belt system)
Motors DC and PMAC :: ME1616
- What runs better at sustained load
- what are more robust
- would be coupled with a large Curtis controller.
AC-50 / AC-51 AC Induction Motor Drive
AC-50 72-108 Volt 650 Amp Kit
HPEVS AC50, complete motor conversion kit. Includes motor, controller, contactor, display, wiring harness, choice of throttle, and custom programming.
Would love your feedback