DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a circuit diagram for the leaf contactor block? I'd like to use it as is, if possible but I'm not sure of current flow. Obviously I understand the control relay and resister but which side of the contactors is the battery side, I don't know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Panasonic's website is worthless for finding the AEV6505A datasheet, but the terminals are likely marked on the end or side that you can't see.

So here's a wiring diagram from the 2012 FSM that might help you trace it out. Looks like the precharge resistor is on the output side of the contactor away from the battery.

[edit] found a picture that Wolf posted showing the polarity and how the horizontal terminal bolts are attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Panasonic's website is worthless for finding the AEV6505A datasheet, but the terminals are likely marked on the end or side that you can't see.

So here's a wiring diagram from the 2012 FSM that might help you trace it out. Looks like the precharge resistor is on the output side of the contactor away from the battery.

Ahh, great. I had not seen this before. It is exactly what I needed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Let us know what you figure out. i'm curious about that little fuse--where it goes between since it wasn't on the FSM drawing.

i noticed some faint pen markings on the big contactors, like a smeared "+" on the bottom contactor and a " - " on the top one, both marks nearer the upper side of the terminal pairs. Was that correct or just someone's guess?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What did you determine was the correct connection?

Here is a picture from the leaf forum which the poster says that the always hot terminals from the pack + and - are circled. This orientation would have been my guess just based upon the limited datasheets available from Pana, and the current is flowing from left to right across the contactor. Does this agree with your finding?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts