DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a wrecked Leaf with full bars and only 30,000 on the odometer. What is required to swap it into another Leaf of the same year without dealer intervention? I don't recall what needs to come out of the donor car that ties them together communication wise.

braebyrn

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
What is required to swap it into another Leaf of the same year without dealer intervention?
If it's the same battery revision then you have two choices... use the Nissan Consult III diagnostic tool to reprogram the BMS in the new battery so that it can talk to the old car... or, swap the BMS from the old car into the new battery.

Using Consult is 'easy' because it's a software tool and a friendly dealer might do the update for you. Swapping the BMS is a pain because you'll have to remove the battery cover and reseal it which isn't easy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kevin for your reply. What electronics in the car could I swap over that would make the BMS believe it is in the same car? Without having to do the consult? Same year cars by the way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks Kevin for your reply. What electronics in the car could I swap over that would make the BMS believe it is in the same car? Without having to do the consult? Same year cars by the way.
You would also need to bring ECU from wrecked car. That way BMS will think it's still paired with the same car. Check YouTube guys from Lithuania did such experiments with success.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts