DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But with that, according to this report by Torque News, Toyota Prius Prime Is the Top-Selling Affordable EV In America For 2018.

"The expectation is that Tesla will continue to enable more Model 3 capacity and continue to pull ahead of the pack. What will be very interesting to watch is whether the Prius Prime can outpace the rest of the EV-field and stake its claim as the number one affordable electric vehicle choice in America for 2018."

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Not surprised in the least. That's far higher EV market share than most areas, even those which heavily subsidize EV buyers.

Is there a reason anyone thinks that California car owners would be more likely to buy an EV?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I was thinking CA being a green state, people there would be more inclined to buy electric cars. But I guess, overall, the EV market share is increasing and that's a good news for the environment.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Actually I was thinking CA being a green state, people there would be more inclined to buy electric cars.
What's green about it? I can't think of anything about the way Californians live which is more "green" than the typical North American resident. Big houses, personal vehicles, generally excessive consumption of everything... just like the rest of us. ;)

Some areas (such as the entire west coast from California to British Columbia) manage to promote a "green" image without actually earning it. Yes, California have unusually demanding exhaust emission standards, but that was just the result of the choking smog that they created in Los Angeles; if they could get away with unlimited emissions, I'm sure they would be happy to emit them. Keep in mind, Arnold Schwarzenegger was the state's governor, and he's the one who promoted the HMMWV (renamed the "Hummer") as a personal vehicle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently they only promote it, but don't live it as the numbers show. But may be they are trying better than other states? I don't live in CA. I live in NC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts