DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 9-cell, 28.8 Volt Nominal pack of PWN Real Force Brand prismatic cells feeding a Samlex 1500 Watt, full Sinewave inverter that I manually activate to run my frige and some LED lighting and computers when the power goes out. I'd like to give myself some more capacity and am considering buying another 9, 100 or 200 AH Prismatics to run in parallel with the PWN pack. I bought the PWN's from Elect car Parts Co but understand from other posts that they may not be the most reliable and supportive supplier. I'd appreciate any recommendations on brands of cells and suppliers that are currently recognized as good quality and offer good customer service.

·
Registered
740 Posts
For quality and especially longevity, this is my shortlist:

Systems: OPE-Li3 (Lithionics/Ocean Planet), Victron, MasterVolt, Redarc (Oz specific?)

Bare cells: ​Winston/Thundersky/Voltronix, CALB, GBS, Sinopoly and A123 (now Lithium Werks / Valence / Super B)

The US market sucks for domestic stocking suppliers to handle warranty returns on bare cells, and the packaged system suppliers are very pricey.

And do not expect any hand-holding advice or support from any sellers, not enough margin for that model to be sustainable.

Most DIYers import themselves from China, ideally direct from the maker via Ali.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If anyone has good trusted North American based sources of the cell brands listed,

or contacts previously used for successful direct-factory self-importing, please post it.

Former much preferred over the latter for warranty-return purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts