DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sanity Check Requested for Light Weight FMVSS conforming Composite Leaf Battery Pack Cases (-50kg on OEM)

Would there be a demand/interest for Custom Leaf Battery Pack Cases that would permit newer generation Leaf Battery Modules/Cells to be retro fitted to Gen 1 Leaf vehicles?
Would there be a demand/interest for Custom Leaf Battery Pack Cases that would permit non-Leaf Battery Modules/Cells to be fitted to Gen 1/2/3 Leaf vehicles? (BMS issues aside)

I am not a manufacturer .. just a structures designer that sees a bottle neck that could be easily overcome ... :)

Comments appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

I am an EV-enthusiast based in Germany and am currently brainstorming on a case to pack my 11KWH LiFePO4 prismatic battery cells. I was wondering that if a structural expert like you can comment on the best practices one shall look for while designing. For example:
1. Material= would plastic PC sheet be a good idea or is metal sheet better?
2. Sealing=does it needs to be sealed for water leakages, if yes how? If no wouldnt it get too hot in summers?
3. Is there some electrical circuit incorporated in the case to prevent hazard?
4. Design= I want the batteries to be sandwiched at the base, what sort of design be best suited...

Have lot in my mind, maybe we can start a thread with optimal battery pack case :)

Sanity Check Requested for Light Weight FMVSS conforming Composite Leaf Battery Pack Cases (-50kg on OEM)

Would there be a demand/interest for Custom Leaf Battery Pack Cases that would permit newer generation Leaf Battery Modules/Cells to be retro fitted to Gen 1 Leaf vehicles?
Would there be a demand/interest for Custom Leaf Battery Pack Cases that would permit non-Leaf Battery Modules/Cells to be fitted to Gen 1/2/3 Leaf vehicles? (BMS issues aside)

I am not a manufacturer .. just a structures designer that sees a bottle neck that could be easily overcome ... :)

Comments appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts