DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I want to build a 10mph, aluminium offroad kart for my disabled four year old son. Speed and direction and braking by means of a wheelchair joystick. Two hour mixed driving endurance. Big enough for an adult to use.

I have already purchased two 900watt 24V scooter motors from Currie technolgies and a 75amp continuous per side dual DC controller from a robot wars company called Vantec.

I would also like to use rack and pionion steering powered perhaps by a stepper motor.

Has anyone been involved in this sort of project?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I want to build a 10mph, aluminium offroad kart for my disabled four year old son. Speed and direction and braking by means of a wheelchair joystick. Two hour mixed driving endurance. Big enough for an adult to use.

I have already purchased two 900watt 24V scooter motors from Currie technolgies and a 75amp continuous per side dual DC controller from a robot wars company called Vantec.

I would also like to use rack and pionion steering powered perhaps by a stepper motor.

Has anyone been involved in this sort of project?
Hi SuperA,

Check out this http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43997

Regards,

major

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Major

What a great project. Much bigger than what i want to do but still some good info for me in there.
I want my little kart to weigh less than 150lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts