DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the Tampa RV show yesterday and a company called Lithionics Battery had a booth. They are out of Clearwater, Fl. and manufacture lithium batteries for all sorts of applications including electric cars. These are not from China but made by their company.

The sales man claimed their batteries did not need a BMS or banding. Cooling is optional. Their website is www.lithionicsbattery.com

The sales man claimed he could replace my 4 deep cycle lead acid, 12v, 120 amphour, storage batteries in my motor home with one of his 12v lithium, 100 amphour batteries and provide the same performance. The lithium battery weighs 28 lbs. Vs the 280 lbs for my lead acid.

I know hardly anything on lithium batteries, thus; thought someone here might be interested to take a look at their website for comment.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks like a company making packs + bms + shell for chinese cells, most likely headways. Depending on the price, they look fairly nice.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Was at the Tampa RV show yesterday and a company called Lithionics Battery had a booth. They are out of Clearwater, Fl. and manufacture lithium batteries for all sorts of applications including electric cars. These are not from China but made by their company.

The sales man claimed their batteries did not need a BMS or banding. Cooling is optional. Their website is www.lithionicsbattery.com

The sales man claimed he could replace my 4 deep cycle lead acid, 12v, 120 amphour, storage batteries in my motor home with one of his 12v lithium, 100 amphour batteries and provide the same performance. The lithium battery weighs 28 lbs. Vs the 280 lbs for my lead acid.

I know hardly anything on lithium batteries, thus; thought someone here might be interested to take a look at their website for comment.
I doubt that one 12v Lithium 100ah battery will replace 4 x 12v lead batteries at 120ah. so you will be looking at 28#x4 = 112# with a little less capacity. Also I am not sure how 4 Lithium cells joined and sealed to look like a regular 12v battery will last, as most of the talk here on BMS and cell monitoring and the need to regulate each 3.2V cell. There is no way to open the lithium 12v setup they have to check each cell.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I doubt that one 12v Lithium 100ah battery will replace 4 x 12v lead batteries at 120ah. so you will be looking at 28#x4 = 112# with a little less capacity. Also I am not sure how 4 Lithium cells joined and sealed to look like a regular 12v battery will last, as most of the talk here on BMS and cell monitoring and the need to regulate each 3.2V cell. There is no way to open the lithium 12v setup they have to check each cell.
They may have a built in BMS in the 12 V pack, I have seen that on other batteries,found this: http://www.lithionicsbattery.com/faqs.html first link.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Looking at the electric vehicle section, it looks I'm seeing ThunderSky/Winston batteries put into a pack with a BMS on top.
Ya, that got me also....then I realized they sell the Soliton also and this was likely an add/pic for that. (sitting on top)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts