DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a way to detect flames and/or smoke inside the battery compartment area. I would like to add a level of detection for early warning of a malfunction. If the detector has a built in relay so I can kill power to the contactors in the event of a detection that would be perfect!

I dont know if such a product exist so I am hoping you can help me. Ideally it would operate on 12 volts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Most all home detectors run on 9 vdc. Some have IOT capacity. However I think a temp sensor system would give better warning because if it is smoking it is too late.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most all home detectors run on 9 vdc. Some have IOT capacity. However I think a temp sensor system would give better warning because if it is smoking it is too late.
I am going to have 3 temperature sensors as well. One at the air inlet, one in the middle of the pack, and another in the air exaust. (battery is air cooled using 3 - 104 CFM fans.)

I'd like to add a smoke sensor too. I also plan on adding Tesla pop valves and a fire suppression system using Firebane. I want to make it as safe as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts