DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a series wound golf cart or forklift motor. Ideally 36-48V, typical golf cart size. Under $100. Anyone got something they want to get rid of?

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Looking for a series wound golf cart or forklift motor. Ideally 36-48V, typical golf cart size. Under $100. Anyone got something they want to get rid of?
Hi, I have an older Hitachi series wound golf cart motor, well used, but running fine when the controller blew. Replaced with SepEx. It's been sitting in my barn for like 12 years. I'd give it to you. I'm in northern Ohio. Shipping would be prohibitive. I'll send it at your expense. But I think you'd be able to find something close by. BTW, the motor I have has an internal spline shaft and no DEH/bearing. Made to mount to Dana Axel.

major

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I have an older Hitachi series wound golf cart motor, well used, but running fine when the controller blew. Replaced with SepEx. It's been sitting in my barn for like 12 years. I'd give it to you. I'm in northern Ohio. Shipping would be prohibitive. I'll send it at your expense. But I think you'd be able to find something close by. BTW, the motor I have has an internal spline shaft and no DEH/bearing. Made to mount to Dana Axel.

major
Thanks for the offer, Major! Do you have an idea of shipping weight and dimensions? I could ship on my UPS account without issue. I'm finding around 50-60lbs on average for a golf cart motor. Does that seem reasonable?

I own a CNC machine shop, so no biggie on the spline. It'd be easier to run a small forklift motor with a shaft, but not really a problem either way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts