DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered my name is Tom I live in Richardson and am n HVAC tech. Mine is the only company in Texas authorized to service and replace Flakt, Woods, Joy, and Joy Concept vane axial fans.

We have a really good relationship with T-gray and I don't think it would be any conflict of interest to get motors under my company's account at our rate(significant discount vs retail.)

I'm looking to turn my truck into an ev but I think I need to get hands on before I jump feet first. I work with pumps and fans with 20-150hp motors, so, I know s bit about 3phase and motors up to 480v. I'm new to this forum but I'm a reasonably competent mechanic, I have lots of tools, and I'm eager to learn.

I'm looking for somebody in the dfw area with a project going that I can get involved with.

Let me put it another way: until I do some wrenching on some projects and kind of know what I'm doing, I don't think my wife is going to let me mess with my truck. I just spent a month swapping spindles and calipers and making custom brackets to mount the calipers 7/8" farther out so I could use 12" rotors instead of the 10" stock ones, lol. It was worth it, for sure, but now the wife is jealous of the truck, I think.

Anyways, thanks, I hope to get to know some of you better. If yall ever need anything, just ask.

Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts