DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I don't know, but those cells are **way** out of balance, proper care routines would never let that happen.

It is possible that in itself would throw alarms.

And something wrong with those numbers if that is indeed a 44S pack.

A conservative 3.45V charge termination, sacrificing a little range for strong longevity would be 152V. Many people would go up to 158V, and it is possible your BMS does not start balancing until that Full point or close too it.

Likely its balancing current is so low it wouldn't do much good anyway on a bank that far out of balance.

144V at 44S would be 3.27Vpc, very low SoC, never seen anyone stop charge that low.

137V is 3.11V and a bit conservative LVC at a high discharge rate but reasonable.

117V means 2.66V

Even under a heavy load that is **way** lower than I'd let a bank of mine get,

at rest that would be IMO dangerously low.

I think you were right to stop and get a tow, and your bank, BMS and charging setup all need careful diagnostics and changes.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Actual requirements for LFP are in fact the same across the board, unlike the other LI batteries where the specific chemistry is often not even stated.

Do not just blindly follow vendor specs, which do vary sometimes widely, and are usually at the extreme ends where you do not for the sake of longevity even want to get near.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.