DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent posted anything about my current projects because of the relentless trashing I received on here. You know who you are....

I dont want to waste too much time talking about it but I have built a range extending trailer for EVs. I have a very unprofessional, unedited, youtube channel. If you are interested, you can check it out here, https://www.youtube.com/user/jimbo69ny. Of course youtubers will tell you to like, subscribe and comment. Honestly, I am just making the content so I dont forget how to put all of this shit back together after I take it apart. But if you like it too, do all that.

Why am I telling you all of this? Well, I just got it all to work. Also because there is a morel here. When I first started this project there were haters everywhere. Everyone said not to do it. I was going to kill myself, I was going to burn down my house, I was going to kill my family, its not possible, it cant be done, and so much more. The point is to ignore the haters. If you believe in something, DO IT! Even if you fail, you learn! But if you listen to the haters and forgo your ambitions you will miss out on life and the excitement that comes with being adventurous.

So, feel free to watch my painfully awkward videos and share in my subdued excitement.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Many people here said it couldnt be done,

I think you have a bit of a narcissistic persecution complex. I couldn't find any examples of people saying your build couldn't be done.

In fact, this is DIY ELECTRIC CAR forums, it's literally all we talk about.

What some people said is that the way you were planning on doing things was highly dangerous in many different ways, because you refuse to see reason and treat all disagreement as insult.

You're twisting the facts here to make yourself seem like you've achieved the impossible because you're so amazing and innovative. But that's like saying "People said it was impossible, but I strapped a gas can and a torch to my forehead." No one said you couldn't, in fact it's quite easy, they said if you did that it would be a stupidly unsafe situation and repeatedly tried to explain why.

I havent posted anything about my current projects because of the relentless trashing I received on here. You know who you are....

Y'know, I've only been around here about as long as you have, so I went looking through your old threads to find out about said hostility, and... all I found were a lot of people putting considerable time and effort into trying to help you out and answer the questions you asked...

... and see you putting your fingers in your ears and defying them without any basis. I see you talking down to them, mocking them, and berating them.

So maybe it's you, maybe it's them, I dunno any of these people from Adam.

But when I see the same people in other threads, gee... no one else has a problem with them. No one else gets into arguments with them. Everyone else appreciates their advice and, disagreements when they appear generally tend not to get ugly.

Just with you.

Have you ever heard the saying, "if you think everyone is an asshole... you're the asshole?"

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yah not sure why the click bait douchery if you arent after views, calling bs (and douchery).

WOW YOU CAN PUT WHEELS ON THINGS?!?! OOK!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great job. well done.

Having Li-ion battery packs dangling behind your car is a lot safer than under your seats.

Especially when they're Tesla packs. Three days after trained firemen extuingished a Tesla pack fire, the pack re-ignited spontaneously.

Where I live, fire departments want installations of high energy Li-ion battery packs to be regulated so the locations of these potential death traps are known.

No high energy Li-ion in or near my home or under my seat.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Nice build and thanks for sharing the video. Obviously a lot of time and effort went into building the trailer and getting it all to work together.

Plenty of folks on here could help with CAN decoding. i did quite a bit of data processing of early Tesla model S CAN data, but lost interest after TMC changed the CAN PIDs--that was not very nice or friendly of the bastards, actually spiteful and for no good reason except to screw us over.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tony and Kenny. I appreciate the kind words. As you can see with the other posts, haters are everywhere.

With the help of a friend we just collected 2 minutes worth of CAN data. Can I send it to you? I was about to post a thread about it. Most of the data is standard Tesla bites I am told. I am really curious what the pack is saying!

·
Administrator
6,106 Posts
Hi
Jimbo69ny has complained about the way he is being treated

To me you guys are not being too harsh on him - but lighten up a bit - some people are terribly thin skinned

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi
Jimbo69ny has complained about the way he is being treated

To me you guys are not being too harsh on him - but lighten up a bit - some people are terribly thin skinned

Interesting are the days in which someone is called a douche and an asshole and that is a ok. lol

My skin is plenty thick. Its just annoying when you are trying to be productive and have a conversation and moderators allow unwarranted negativity and name calling.

Maybe I should start calling people names on their threads for no reason at all. If its accepted and encouraged, why not. Is that the kind of behavior we want on this site?

·
Registered
131 Posts
show me where "many people" on this forum said you can't put two wheels on a battery. show me where anyone said they hated you.

I'm starting to agree with the narcissistic persecution complex conclusion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many people said that you cannot run battery packs in parallel. Its come up many times.

I had another thread in which I wanted to document a different project and it was trashed.

Think what you will. I dont care about you or your opinions. I am just trying to be productive and to add to this community. Your negativity and name calling is not warranted or needed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It would be productive if you can point to these alleged people who don't know how volts work (and if you have to ask the question in the first place...). My guess is that there was some misinterpretation as there are numerous considerations. But parallel packs have been around since, well at least since the early prius extenders.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It would be productive if you can point to these alleged people who don't know how volts work (and if you have to ask the question in the first place...). My guess is that there was some misinterpretation as there are numerous considerations. But parallel packs have been around since, well at least since the early prius extenders.
Unlike you, I dont feel the need or see the benefit of calling people out. Feel free to search, there are plenty of people here, and elsewhere on the web, that strongly believe that separate battery packs should not be placed in parallel. I am happy to hear that you are not in that group, that's great. But I assure you, many people said it could not be done.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so throw shade at the entire forum, good plan.
Throw shade at an entire forum? What are you even talking about? Are you just trying to increase your post count? You started at 40 and now you're up to 63. If you keep up this pace you will have more post than the moderators in a matter of days.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts