DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Mercedes-Benz W163 MLEV

1156 Views 9 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  paulheystee
Hello everyone, technical details of conversion to electric traction Mersedes-Benz W163 MLEV
Sky Cloud Tire Car Vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Light Fixture Line Composite material Engineering

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Gas Machine Space Engineering Metal

Hood Automotive design Thigh Eyewear Vehicle door

Cuisine Gas Cooking Road surface Automotive exterior
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8,519 Posts
If I understand that photos correctly, this conversion is 4WD using Leaf drive units at both front and rear, using the original W163 suspension at both ends. It looks like a very tidy job. (y):)

Before seeing this, I did not realize that the W163 used torsion bars for front springs.

· Registered
38 Posts
Questions:
Which motor/inverters did you end up using? The EM61 or EM57. From the pictures I assume EM61 (gen1)
It looks like you used modified half shafts (CV) but in the picture I see drive flanges, confusing :)
Did you use the gen2 PDM?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Questions:
Which motor/inverters did you end up using? The EM61 or EM57. From the pictures I assume EM61 (gen1)
It looks like you used modified half shafts (CV) but in the picture I see drive flanges, confusing :)
Did you use the gen2 PDM?
Thanks for the question ., there are a lot of conversion projects, in mlev there are two em61 motor reducers inverter with zeo and pdm azeo ., tidy, selector, abs, ecp by stok

· Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the question ., there are a lot of conversion projects, in mlev there are two em61 motor reducers inverter with zeo and pdm azeo ., tidy, selector, abs, ecp by stok
I am now finishing my Saab 93 cabrio and a Daihatsu Rocky for a friend. I would love to do a conversion with this M series, it looks very tidy. Also they are relatively cheap here in NL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts