DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8,333 Posts
If I understand that photos correctly, this conversion is 4WD using Leaf drive units at both front and rear, using the original W163 suspension at both ends. It looks like a very tidy job. (y):)

Before seeing this, I did not realize that the W163 used torsion bars for front springs.

· Registered
38 Posts
Questions:
Which motor/inverters did you end up using? The EM61 or EM57. From the pictures I assume EM61 (gen1)
It looks like you used modified half shafts (CV) but in the picture I see drive flanges, confusing :)
Did you use the gen2 PDM?

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Questions:
Which motor/inverters did you end up using? The EM61 or EM57. From the pictures I assume EM61 (gen1)
It looks like you used modified half shafts (CV) but in the picture I see drive flanges, confusing :)
Did you use the gen2 PDM?
Thanks for the question ., there are a lot of conversion projects, in mlev there are two em61 motor reducers inverter with zeo and pdm azeo ., tidy, selector, abs, ecp by stok

· Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the question ., there are a lot of conversion projects, in mlev there are two em61 motor reducers inverter with zeo and pdm azeo ., tidy, selector, abs, ecp by stok
I am now finishing my Saab 93 cabrio and a Daihatsu Rocky for a friend. I would love to do a conversion with this M series, it looks very tidy. Also they are relatively cheap here in NL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts