DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm working with the MES-DEA TIM600 controller straight from a Peugeot Partner Venturi, along with the matching motor.
The motor is spinning fine, but I have a recurring throttle fault. The alarm was triggered at exactly 20% throttle. (the threshold for Regen)
I found that changing the P282 from 20 to 100 made the fault disappear, but with Traction enabled it sometimes comes back.

Furthermore, the I/O Trigger Monitor is always on, while there is definitely no 12V on the according pin. The I/O regenerative braking is impossible to activate, either through software or by putting 12V on pin 10.

I could do with some help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Goebe,

I just read your post now. I am also struggeling with the Tim 600 in my Berlingo Venturi. Since i replaced the original zebra battery to winston lifepo4 cells, i can’t get the regenerative braking to work! 😬. Tried everything, but also in your case the input 10 is powered, but in the I/O page i can not see this. Also manually enable it, doesn’t work?? I don’t have other issue’s or alarms.
Please let me know if you find out more by now?
Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just a thought:
I know the Zebra BMI sends the max allowed generative current to the TIM inverter. Because you have removed the BMI the inverter doesnt get this limit as info hence is not regenerating ?
How did you mimic all the other Zebra BMI messages to the Venturi vehicle (like for display, charger etc..) ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Prensel, thanks for your reaction countryman. . I bought the car in France. The (bad) Zebra battery broke after one year. So, i’m the same kind of guy like you, and so i build a new battery, new charger (Brusa nlg 513), and a new Zeva evms. I left all the electronics like display in the car. I only changed the voltage settings of the new battery in the Tim600, and maybe some more but that’s 5 years ago. Since then regen is not working... Every year i tried something but no. Last month, i thougt, maybe the Tim600 gets an over ruling command via Can interface. So i cut the 2 can wires to the Tim600. But that makes no difference. Only that i can read no I/O from old display..
My yello Berlingo is on Evalbum.com.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
I assume because the TIM DOESNT receive the appropriate CANbus frame 0x304 / VoltageMaxGenerator' it will limit the regen capabilities to 0%

At least thats what the Zebra battery documentation says...

Do you generate any of the old BMI CANframes and if so how ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, i have not enough knowledge of CAN language and programming. But is cut off the Can wires, so there’s no CAn signal comming in the Tim600.

But, i looked at the wiring diagram again and i see an analoge input for ‘limit regen power’. That could be the bottleneck! I never looked for if it is wired or so.. I’m going to look at that first, maybe today..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, i have not enough knowledge of CAN language and programming. But is cut off the Can wires, so there’s no CAn signal comming in the Tim600.
But, i looked at the wiring diagram again and i see an analoge input for ‘limit regen power’. That could be the bottleneck! I never looked for if it is wired or so.. I’m going to look at that first, maybe today..
I believe the regen is only activated if Ubat > Umaxregenvoltage.
So you have to lower the Umaxregenvoltage according SOC also when the Ubat drops or it will not work. Either set a very low voltage setting in Umaxregen.

You can try to disable the CANbus in the TIM600, by just cutting the wires it might still expect some frames.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Mr, Prensel.

That last sentence of you did the thing!
I was looking in the manual and found that parameter C52 (different part in software), is for enable/ disable the CAN bus. You can change this parameter by first change P60 to ‘95’.
After i disabled the CAN bus i tried driving my car on my driveway. No regen.., but when i looked at the I/O page, i see that the ‘regen enable’ is lit! This happened never before in the last 5 years! So i took the car for e real drive and noticed quickly that the regen braking is working again.
Really happy about this. Thanks a lot for your help!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts