DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Mid 80's Brat or 3door hatcback?

2352 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Jcewazhere
I was wondering if either of those would make good EV's while still having part time 4wd ability and bad weather control? I live in Colorado where the weather changes every 5min or so, so I would need a car that could do well in snow/rain/cold/hot; much like either of them can now. I currently have a hatchback who's engine is slowly dying, and there is a brat for sale dirt cheap without an engine which would make a better EV, if there is any difference?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Erm responding to my own post is not the best form but I wanted to let all you coloradoans in on the bonus that the state will pay for most if not all of the cost of converting a 10year or older car into a zero emission vehicle woot!

· Registered
203 Posts
Erm responding to my own post is not the best form but I wanted to let all you coloradoans in on the bonus that the state will pay for most if not all of the cost of converting a 10year or older car into a zero emission vehicle woot!
Hey, I live in Colorado in Durango. Can you please send me the source on the internet you got your info from so I can follow up on this. THANKS!

· Registered
4,334 Posts
wow, I didn't know CO would help with non-new vehicle. Do you have a state law or reference I can look up to try and introduce something similar in NM?

PS. i would vote for the small hatch rather than 4wd. The 4wd will hurt your efficiency way more than you would need it. Decent front-wheel drive with good tires will go anywhere.....

d

· Registered
124 Posts
PS. i would vote for the small hatch rather than 4wd. The 4wd will hurt your efficiency way more than you would need it. Decent front-wheel drive with good tires will go anywhere.....

d
The subaru hatch is also 4wd and its not a full time 4wd it has a sort of transfer case and when 4wd is not engaged the car is in front wheel dirve this is the same for the brat, Id think ether of them would make great EV's there light, small, and parts are cheep and easy to find. And btw I'm a Subaru nerd to ask away if you got any questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.