DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2003 Mini Cooper project completed with all new parts but project ended and I ended up with 20,000.00+ worth or batteries and parts. Never drove it more than 10-15 miles. All there and runs.. selling . Make me reasonable.. REASONABLE offer.
Technology Engine Electrical wiring Machine Automotive engine part
Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Casademus, Is this sold already? If not...What are the details? What components did you use? What's the motor size, what's the battery storage? What's the performance (range, acceleration, etc.)? Why only driven it a few miles? Thanks! Jeffrey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Answers to a couple of questions that would help me decide whether to follow through with a similar conversion. Your help is greatly appreciated, as I don't want to get involved in a difficult/expensive project that's going to be difficult to complete.
1. the Rebirth adapter for mating motor to the transmission... was this custom made and any idea of what they charged?
2. How did you deal with the 2 part axle shaft bearing mount that's originally fixed to the engine? With the engine gone did you build a subframe? if so how was the mounting aligned properly?

I want to use a clutch with the 6 speed tranny, and if it's possible to make this conversion economical, would consider building more. Mini owners would likely want to keep their worn out engine cars...if there's a reasonable cost path to convert them over to electric drive.

Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts