DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Manage Attachments link in the section to "Attach files" is missing--there is no longer a link to click for adding files to a post...? i have a screenshot to show this, but have no way to add it to this post. catch-22

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The Manage Attachments link in the section to "Attach files" is missing--there is no longer a link to click for adding files to a post...?
I never do this because I host everything off-site and link to it. Let me give it a try.

Testing. This is me using attachments to attach a post.

... (edited to confirm)...

Works fine for me.

Alternatively, if you want to share why you can't share your screenshot, go to imgur.com, post your file, copy the image location or the URL, and post it into a post for us to click on. That'll work.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
What interface are we talking about ("desktop" web page, "mobile" web page, app), and on what platform (for the app - iOS or Android? for the web page - operating system and browser)?

At least someone using the same combination can see if it works for them. The Manage Attachments button is still there on the desktop web page (as viewed in Chrome on Windows 10).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
On a macbook OS10 using firefox. It is still missing so maybe i'll restart FF and see if it returns. [edit: that didn't work either, i'll just use imgur for now]

Here is the picture i wanted to post earlier:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hmm...

Critical part is here on mine. Towards the bottom where it says Input Type Button.

Can't see if you have that or not, it's below your screenshot.

Do you have Javascript disabled? NoScript installed?

Odd that you'd still have your other buttons but not that one.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also on Mac OS10 using Safari browser. i'll take a look at the html code again.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Might have fixed this. Was recreating for awhile, adjusted some settings and flushed the server cache, and now it's back. Let me know

Kevin

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The [Manage Attachments] button appears to be back now, thanks for looking at this.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Attachments not working for me either. [ Edit: so this is a slightly different problem: the button is there, it just doesn't do anything. ] In fact, none of the buttons or drop-down menus does anything at all. Fonts and font size do drop down, but selecting a font or size does nothing. Attachments or emoji don't even drop down.

This is on Chrome; Firefox is worse. On Firefox, in addition to the above problems, when I click submit reply it erases my post (or resets to the quoted post if quoting, erasing all my additions and edits). It tells me it's less than 10 characters, type more.

It really feels like most of the wheels have fallen off in the last 2-3 days.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The "Manage" button is missing again--so no way to add pictures or attach files..?

It was working yesterday morning, then not in the afternoon.

Would you be able to find out what is the issue and possibly fix it?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Toolbar buttons are still completely broken for me. The only signs of life are that the Fonts and Sizes boxes drop down, though they do nothing. Oh, and the various buttons have toolbar tips.

Post Icons (at the bottom of the main edit window) seems to be working. If this post has the green right arrow, then it is working.

So I don't even have an attachment menu for the Manage option to be missing from.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Can you let me know if this is still an issue. Believe it should be repaired

Kevin

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One thing that i've noticed can trigger the missing "manage attachments" button, is to not click "close window" after uploading a file.

If you go back and post without closing that tab/window, then the button will sometimes go missing.

It's working for me now, and the Quick links pull down is working also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts