DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience or advice on controllers for the Model 3 rear drive unit for an EV conversion. I'm aware of two options:
Ingenext:

and EV-controls T-2C:

Both have some minor pro's and cons for convenience (programming over iPad vs PCAN) and price although the cheaper (ingenext) needs me to send the inverter so that might work out neutral in the end.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used the Ingenix for my Tesla 3 battery controller. Fwiw I had a very good experience with Ingenix....they responded to my many questions and the reflash session went smoothly. I am not using the Tesla 3 drive unit so can't really comment on that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the Ingenix for my Tesla 3 battery controller. Fwiw I had a very good experience with Ingenix....they responded to my many questions and the reflash session went smoothly. I am not using the Tesla 3 drive unit so can't really comment on that.
Thanks that’s helpful, I’ll keep it in mind

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see the EV Controls app in the App Store. Got a link to it?
Yeah I found it in the documentation. Says it is not compatible with my iPhone. But seems to work on my iPad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey @daggyPants, I was just wondering whether you managed to find out more about Tesla Model 3 rear drive unit controllers? I am starting a new project and I have the same concerns. Thank you.

I have been following work that Damien is doing with other people at openinverter forum, but their work is not done yet, as in, it's not "consumer" ready yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts