DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll use this 288V 160A/h battery pack, how could I get better range? using it like a two 144V packs in paralell, so I'll have 320A/h, so I'll have more output Amperage, or using it like one 288V battery pack?

or is the same?

(Batteryes are Lipo)

G

·
I'll use this 288V 160A/h battery pack, how could I get better range? using it like a two 144V packs in paralell, so I'll have 320A/h, so I'll have more output Amperage, or using it like one 288V battery pack?

or is the same?

(Batteryes are Lipo)
It's the same. Better actually because you get to use higher voltages. The higher the voltage the less amperage you need.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but the motor will handle 144V like all, so the controller will need to get the 288V and give to the motor 144V, does it work's like, I'have 288 volt so I use less ampreage?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
It's the same.
Correct.

Better actually because you get to use higher voltages. The higher the voltage the less amperage you need.
Incorrect.

The current and voltage per cell is the same for equal power between a full series connected battery pack and a half series in parallel connected pack.

As long as the required load voltage is below the battery pack terminal voltage, there will be no difference in performance between the two configurations. And with a 46 kWh battery pack and the commonly available motor/controller packages I doubt that will be an issue.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
288v/160ah is a pretty darn big pack. What kind of vehicle, and what kind of range are you hoping to get under what sort of conditions?

A small car crusing at 60mph on a north american highway without any mountain ranges to negotiate would be able to get around 200 miles on such a battery pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts