DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Im helping a friend to get his mini cooper running. It has a me1115 connected via HTD-belt to the original gearbox. The me1115 is configured using the following data:

We use a fwd-rev switch and a crutis pb-5 pot.

The sin/cos encoder has been configured and the me1115 spins smoothly when the gearbox is in neutral. When in gear and wheels in the air the me1115 is cogging like crazy.
Same thing when the car is on the ground. If I hit the throttle the car will accelerate but cogging does not stop.

I extracted a log from the gen4 when the wheels were in the air and cogging was present. And it looks like there is some kind of limit that kicks in when the cogging occurs.
I see in the log that w_lim and lv_lim goes high but I dont now what values in the controller are the limiting factor.

Has anyone seen this before?

I was unable to upload the entire logfile but I can filter out any data that is needed to solve the problem.

Thanks

Rikard

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi,
lv_lim seems to indicate that voltage is dropping too low.
Manual states that voltage limits when it reaches 70% of the nominal voltage and when it reaches 120% of nominal. So can you look at the battery voltage and see if it's dropping too much? Seems like anything below 56 volts will cause the limiting.
If you're using a lower voltage battery for testing that would mess it up.
-Isaac

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Isaac,

Thanks for your reply.

the nominal battery voltage of the system is acctually 96V, the screendump from DVT differs. I loaded the default PMAC TPDO's and the only voltage related entry I can find is Vcap. I made a graph showing Vcap and Ibat. There are small dips of Vcap during increased Ibat but they are well within the limits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts