DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 with a ME1304 (PMAC) motor, and whenever I give it any throttle, under load or not, it makes a sound like a faucet running. It does this at all RPMs, including 0, so I know it is not something rubbing.

Does anyone have experience with this sound? Does this indicate something wrong?

It seems to be giving me a bit less power than I was sold, and is spinning the wrong direction than I specified; I'm not sure if this is related.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I have a Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 with a ME1304 (PMAC) motor, and whenever I give it any throttle, under load or not, it makes a sound like a faucet running. It does this at all RPMs, including 0, so I know it is not something rubbing.

Does anyone have experience with this sound? Does this indicate something wrong?

It seems to be giving me a bit less power than I was sold, and is spinning the wrong direction than I specified; I'm not sure if this is related.
Where did you purchase from? Have you contacted the seller about the issue ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have contacted the seller and they are not super helpful.

I got a new DCF file from Sevcon and the motor seems to respond much better; still have the faucet sound though.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Would you contact me through my website, I can try to help. It sounds like the encoder needs to be commissioned possibly.

·
Registered
152 Posts

I was just bench testing my P&S Controller on a 11" Kostov motor - an older one. I got that motor used... but said to be in good working condition. Now when I give it power - only 12v - it *sometimes* makes this "Faucet" sound... and if it makes that sound, it does NOT spin.... Other times, it just spins, with no faucet sound. I too would love to know what's going on. I'm wondering if it's some kind of internal short / loose wire??? I have plans to use this motor and I need to know if it's good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts