DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
This isn't EV news, it's just another political piece with a whiny liberal anguishing over Rush Limbaugh pointing out a known fact:

“[O]f all the cars in the world, the Chevrolet Volt is the Car of the Year? Motor Trend magazine, that’s the end of them. How in the world do they have any credibility? Not one has been sold [and] the Volt is the Car of the Year.”
Why indeed. There is no problem with Rush's position on this car; it isn't really innovative (as folks on this forum know) it needs subsidies to succeed, and the only reason it is getting government subsidies is dirty politics (clean politics would provide identical subsidies to all hybrids).

·
Registered
626 Posts
I agree completely. They seem to want to push this damnable car down everybody's throat. You're right about this not being EV news. I keep up on the news feed daily to hear about EV news. If I want commentary from the right or the left I will watch tv or talk radio.
As far as the Volt is concerned, only GM would dare to push an EV on everyone that is refueled with GASOLINE!

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Yeah, I can't stand to listen to Rush - he's a bigger blowhard than Boortz - but this is clearly a case where he is being attacked simply because he is a known Right-winger.

For the sake of fairness (since I called the author whiney when this isn't the "chit chat" section - although come to think of it my whole point was that this article SHOULD have been under chit-chat instead of news) I will point out I watched part of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" and couldn't believe what a wimp she was. They must have spent the whole day filming waiting for her to get the nerve to climb a few feet of rock face - all the while she was firmly tethered and a big husky guide was keeping her rope tight. Sheesh, if she wanted to show she wasn't a quitter they should have edited out everything but her first few steps up the face and the final shot... :eek:

Bad reporting is bad reporting, and it happens from all quarters.

:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
You know, I don't really care for Rush and his political stance. However in this case I have to agree with him somewhat. I mean yeah the Volt is cool and all and it's been so hyped up! But how in the heck does it get car of the year when they have not been sold to the public yet and they don't really have a track record! Who knows what kind of problems might arise with it in the future? And besides GM ended the extremely successful EV1 program because the oil execs pressured them and then they get the biggest friggen bailout in US history!

In my opinion they do not deserve the credit. A company like Tesla who has used true innovation and really stuck their neck out to make full electric cars mainstream are more deserving of "Car of the year"

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts